Sunday, July 26, 2009

This is true procrastination...

So it's about 7 hours until I'm supposed to get up for a brand new AMS day of a brand new AMS week, but I'm still sitting in front of the computer, feeling utterly sluggish and not wanting to do the work that I was supposed to have done on Friday:
Experiment design.
It's a relatively simple antibody workup. But not so simple when there are 4 or 5 antibodies that needs to be done on relatively few samples. We're only harvesting 2 mice spleens and 4 mesenteric lymph nodes. One mouse spleen might yield 10^8 lymphocytes, if my technique can be called "up to scratch". That's not a lot of cells to stain. Another practical difficulty is the selection of fluorochromes for Flow Cytometry. Wouldn't it have been nice to have all the colours in the world? But at most there're only 5 available for our use. Not to mention the cells still need to be stained with the usual anti-CD4 and anti-Valpha/beta to select CD4+ T lymphocytes.
Experiment starts 8:00am tomorrow morning.
I'm sitting here feeling anything but productive. Must be the whether, I think.
Ah well, at least I'll get to have fun searching for little white blobs of Lymph node in the big white fatty mass of the mice mesentery tomorrow. That's always something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment