Now I'm stuck with not much to do; I can't fall asleep again, there are no good movies available, and I'm not in a serious-enough frame of mind to be able to read my book at the moment. I suppose that I'll just sit and stare at the map, willing the listed headwind to become a tailwind so that we reach LHR more quickly. Once there, it will be something of a challenge to find the right bus I am meant to take that will take me to Cambridge. It should be easier than the trip I took last time, which involved hauling my luggage into multiple trains, while wearing a suit in preparation for interview.
I'm glad that it turned out that my suits weighed less than my casual clothes, since i was going for the heaviest possible clothing in order to avoid excess luggage fees (I did, however, regret this choice at KL airport, where it was 30°C...) Despite what I'd heard about Malaysian airlines being strict with their adherence to 5kg handluggage only, I was never even looked at twice, despite my 10kg suitcase, buldging shoulder bag, and camera. Lucky me, I suppose. :) KL was also rather lax with their security checking; I didn't bother to remove any of the large amounts of metal on my person, including phone and wallet, and was beeped. I then received a brief pat down, which failed even to find my phone in my pocket, and told to go on...
Okay, I think that's enough rambling from me... Hope everyone's enjoying the last bit of break before AMS begins!
Oh oops... I've been rather slack with checking Google Reader... while battling my stupid internet! Hmmm... I'll post up something after today's Salvador Dali/The Man from Mukinupin experience.
ReplyDeleteAww...lack of leg space is awful! Did you get more legspace than the others where you were sitting? That's pretty bad that someone is sleeping on your shoulder! Though I have a feeling I might have done things like that when I doze off on the trains...